Do you ever feel like you are stuck? As if you are treading water and just hanging on? If this is how you feel, you are not alone.
One of the most rewarding parts of my work is when I see people find their way out of the ruts that they have been stuck in and are moving forward on paths of joy and fulfillment. That is a part of my job that is the most rewarding.
To find your way out ruts, there are some things that need to happen.
• Becoming Aware that you are in a rut. Sometimes we are blinded to our life situations and just think this is just the way things are, when in reality, things could be much better.
• Make a commitment to talk to someone to give you perspective. We are not meant to go through life alone. Getting wise counsel is so important.
• Understanding where you are and how you got there. This is a key step in moving forward.
• Coming to the realization and commitment that you are not going to allow yourself to stay in the same place.
•. Determining the ideal future of where you want to see yourself in the future living joyful and free with meaning and significance.
•. Determining the necessary steps that need to be implemented to move from your current situation to the ideal future.
• Having others hold you accountable to reach this ideal future.